Did you know??
According to Ayurveda, our navel is the most powerful point which holds the key to proper operations of several bodily functions. It is said that there are over 72,000 plus veins that are connected to our navel, this makes the belly button focal point of our body and this is the reason when applying few oils to the navel can immediately help us heal numerous health problems in a few days’ time. There are lots of oils and all oils contain different kind of benefits. It’s an amazing fact that putting oil on the navel has unbelievable health and beauty benefits.
When we put oil in the navel, the vein detects and carry oil to affected part of the body. There are no side effects of putting oil in the navel. So make it a habit to apply oil in the belly button every. Listed below few of the common oils, when applied in belly button give surprising results:
1. Coconut Oil:
• According to Ayurveda, applying coconut oil in the belly button helps to keep our internal organs strong and prevents the body from bloating.
• Helps in treating common symptoms of cough, cold and flu.
• Provides relief from stomach cramps pain during menstrual cycle.
• Gives you better eyesight.
• Helps to reduce the belly fat from the body.
• It is even believed that applying coconut oil in belly button can improve fertility, as the oil has medium amount of testosterone, which helps boost fertility power in the body.
2. Almond Oil:
• Almond oil is a rich source of Vitamin E and proteins. Applying 2-3 drops of this oil in belly button makes the skin shiny and glowing.
• Moisturizes the skin naturally and keeps it soft and supple.
• It also helps fade down dark circles and wrinkles.
• Helps heal dry and cracked lips.
3. Neem Oil:
• Neem oil is one of the well-known medicinal plants that cure many skin and health problems.
• To get rid of pimples and acne, put 3 drops of neem oil in the belly button.
• Applying neem oil in the belly button is very effective in curing itching and rashes.
• Helps cure intestinal worms thus improves conditions of loss of appetite.
• Treats skin infections and clears out dark spots.
• Reduces hair fall conditions.
4. Castor Oil:
• Putting castor oil in the belly button helps in reducing swelling of the intestine.
• Relieves stomach pain and helps to expel trapped gas.
• Applying castor oil regularly in the belly button also works in the long growth of hair.
• Regular application of Castor oil in navel also helps in reducing knee pain.
• Relieves Arthritis, back pain and muscle aches.
5. Mustard Oil:
• The dryness of skin especially during the winter season can be eliminated by the application of mustard oil in the navel.
• Keeps the lips beautiful and soft also reduces darkness of lips if applied on regular basis.
• For long hair put 3 drops of mustard oil in the belly button daily before going to sleep.
• Putting mustard oil in the navel is best for the strong and shiny nails.
• Helps ease symptoms of cough, cold, flu and nose congestion.
• Improves memory, reduces feeling of tiredness and signs of depression.
• Cures throat infections, ear and leg pains.
• Application of mustard oil on your belly button helps the intestine get stimulated and activating the excretory system thereby improve digestion process.
6. Olive Oil:
• Regular application of olive oil in and around navel area is believed to improve fertility in females and males as well.
• It helps stabilize hormonal imbalance in women thus increase fertility.
• For males it improves sperms count and masculine power.
• Relieves Vitiated Pitta conditions.
7. Lemon Oil:
• Lemon oil is used to treat extreme skin conditions such as skin pigmentation.
• Lemon is a great source of vitamin C that removes face pigmentation and brightens your skin tone.
• Fades out pimple spots and rejuvenates skin.
• Helps achieve clear and beautiful skin.
Remember that Lemon oil is an essential oil so never use undiluted. For every 1 drop of essential oil use 1 tea-spoon carrier oil (coconut, sweet almond, olive oil can be used). Make a mixture and keep for regular use.
8. Clarified Butter/Desi Ghee:
• Last but not the least, Indian clarified butter; more commonly known as DESI GHEE, provides tremendous benefits for skin and general health when applied regularly in belly button.
• It improves blood flow of the nervous system and increase immunity.
• Keeps skin optimally moisturised and improves fairness.
• Prevents skin from getting dry and imparts a natural glow on the face. Heels cracked lips.
• Prevents hair fall and keeps them silky and shining.
• Provides relief from knee and joint pains.
• Fades out acne and dark spot marks.
• Cures constipation and improves digestive system.